English Blog is proud to announce the starting of a page especially for clearing the doubts of students and teachers. We request the whole hearted support of all of you teachers in clearing the doubts of students. | | |

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Test Your Pronouns

1. I really love ....... house. I am so glad we bought it.
(we, us, our, they)
2. This tree belongs to .......... because the roots begin and end in our yard. However you can trim the branches that fall onto your side of the fence.
(ours, yourself, us, we)
3. Those kids should know better. .............. shouldn't tease that boy anymore.
(we, their, our, they)
4. You should be ashamed of ..........! You took chocolate from a baby.
(ourselves, yourself, himself, itself)
5. Grace is an outstanding cook. ............ makes great food !
(her, she, hers, herself)
6. Why don't you come with ......? We are going to have a great time at the beach.
(us, you, their, our)
7. I really like these flowers. do you like ...........?
(they, them, it, their)
8. Why don't you make ............. a cup of tea while I make this phone call ?
(himself, herself, yourself, themselves)
9. This house is .......... . It is not yours.
(my, mine, me, us)
10. ................ hurt himself last week.
(she, he, it, you)
11. She doesn't know that you lost your job. You should tell ...... the truth before she finds out from someone else.
(him, herself, her, she)
12. Naveen saw, for .......... , that his friend was cheating on him. He caught him red handed.
(herself, yourself, his, himself)
13. Children usually learn how  to eat, by ............., by about age five.
(yourself, ourselves, themselves,himself)
14. Where is ............... bat ? You can't play without it.
(mine, yours, your, him)
15. Why don't you trust ......... ? I said I would do it and I will.
(mine, I, me, my )
16. ........... am confused about this question. Can you help me ?
(mine, me, I, myself)
17. We should learn how to grow our own food, so we can take care of .................. in a healthy and organic way.
(ourselves, himself, itself, themselves)
18. The dog sat down and linked ....... paws.
(its, your, it, itself)
19. Those slippers are ........ and she will be very angry if she finds you wearing them without ........... permission.
(hers, her, his, theirs)
20. I thought you like teaching children. Why don't you like teaching ....... anymore ?
(they, them, their, we)
21. ......... should try to recycle everything. If everyone does this, we can save the planet.
(we, us, our, ourselves)
22. Give me the hammer. I will do this task .......
(yourself, myself, themselves, ourselves)
23. Did you see ............. at the theatre yesterday ? He was with a foreigner.
(himself, him, his, he)
24. People should buy security systems for ........ homes in order to prevent break-ins.
(their, we, us, his)
25. I want ............ own room. I don't want to share a room with my sister anymore.
(mine, my, I, me)
26. It is all ....... fault. He should'nt have lied to his mother in the first place.
(her, his, him, he)
27. I don't like …......... . He is rude and loud.
(he, him, his, himself)
28. Himalayas is a beautiful mountain range. …...... peaks are usually covered with snow.
(its, hers, their, it)
29. Normally, I would say that you should apologise for ….... behaviour. However, this time, I this time, I think he got what he deserved.
(yours, you, your, yourself)
30. Don't touch ….. ! I told you that I never want to see you again, so get out of my house !
(mine, my, me, myself)


1 comment: